EMPOWER launches Vlog Competition
Have you got the EMPOWER?
Do you have an interest in promoting a switch to more sustainable transport?
Are you a vlogger who is creative and passionate about communication?
Would you like to win up to €250 in Amazon or holiday vouchers?
Entry deadline: 1st April 2018
We are looking for exciting and innovative vlogs that will engage a wide ranging audience, which capture the essence of positive incentives for reducing the use of conventionally fuelled vehicles.
Forms of incentivisation may be (though are not restricted to):
- Information provision
- Community support
This can be related to any dimension of reduction, such as:
- Reducing car dependency or the need to travel
- Switching to the use of public transport instead of using private, regular-fuelled vehicles
- Encouraging active travel (eg walking and cycling)
- Celebrating alternatively fuelled vehicles (eg electric, hydrogen)
Topics to consider include:
- What is positive incentivisation / nudge theory?
- Why is positive incentivisation appropriate for reducing the use of conventionally fuelled vehicles?
- How has positive incentivisation been used in the past?
- Where has it worked and why?
- What have been the challenges to it’s success?
- What are the best examples and worst examples?
- Are successful examples transferable between cities/regions?
- Are there case studies outside of transport that could be used?
- What current/ future opportunities are there for positive incentivisation?
- New technologies
- Behavioural and attitudinal change
- Political and social engagement
- Equity and sustainability agendas
- Why use positive incentivisation as opposed to other forms of incentivisation (eg fiscal, regulatory)
- What other advantages / disadvantages could there be of the introduction and success of positive incentivise for the reduction of conventionally fuelled vehicles?
- Socio-economic equity / ethical issues
- Environmental and sustainability impact
- Economic implications
EMPOWER competition terms and conditions