They say ’data is the new oil’. However, data differs from oil because it’s value can grow when it is shared. Open data is a growing global movement which offers exciting opportunities for citizens, (h)activists and entrepreneurs. Aaltoes presents a valuable insight into the world of open data especially for students and budding entrepreneurs. Open data has a huge potential in all kind of business, but a lot of it is going to waste. Insight is given with the focus on:
- Availability of open data
- The state and future
- Breaking into the business
- Forthcoming data opening from Finnish Meteorological institute
Come join us for an inspiring and insightful evening on the February 6th from 3pm on!
Snacks and drinks served!
15:00 The Big Picture
- Elina Uutela, President of Aaltoes, Introduction
- Ville Peltola, IBM, Open data into the business
- Roope Tervo, Ilmatieteenlaitos (Finnish Meteorological Institute)
- Jari Honkonen, HSL (Helsinki Region Transport)
- Ville Meloni, HRI (Helsinki Region Infoshare)
- Ilkka Pirttimaa, Case: BlindSquare
Aika: 02/06/2013 – 15:00 – 18:00 – 02/06/2013 – 15:00 – 18:00
Paikka: Startup Sauna, 3 Betonimiehenkuja, 02150 Espoo