This position offers a front-row seat to the development of digital smart city services and the building of the data platforms that make them possible. You will get to use your expertise to help the City and companies create harmonised ways of collecting, transmitting and utilising data. Your efforts will facilitate the creation of new urban services and business activities on top of a high-quality knowledge base and effective APIs.
You will be tasked with promoting the development of an ecosystem based on data sharing, APIs, shared standards and interoperability between different operators. You will work as part of an international project. If you are also interested in data protection and the sharing of data based on MyData principles, you are just the person we are looking for!
You will be working as part of a smart mobility team that develops robot buses as part of public transport and new last metre solutions for logistics chains, among others. We also facilitate the adoption of electric cars and strive to make Helsinki the best place in the world to test new smart mobility services. This is all made possible by high-quality data, an open approach at all levels and fair business models. You will also be able to utilise the know-how of our current team in your work. Join us in tackling the challenges associated with new ways of utilising data!
What we are looking for:
- API and integration know-how and experience in the development of digital services and applications, for example understanding of information models and system architectures
- relevant educational background and/or work and practical experience in the field of information technology
- good written and spoken Finnish and English skills
- the ability to operate in a multi-operator environment as part of national and international consortia
- enthusiasm to learn and develop along with the position.
What we are offering:
- a position on the cutting edge of international smart city development.
- independent and diverse work.
- a supportive, dynamic and development-oriented work community in the heart of Helsinki.
The application period ends on 7 March 2021.
This is a fixed-term position until 31 December 2022, with potential continuation to be decided on later. The work will start according to agreement. Applications will be accepted until 23:59 on 7 March 2021. We offer great employee benefits, excellent opportunities for remote working and a pleasant work community in the heart of Helsinki!
The deadline for applications has passed. We will contact all applicants personally.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Smart solutions for cities, piloting for companies and collaboration possibilities for research institutions – you’ll be the first to know!