Co-Creating Urban Futures
Forum Virium Helsinki is the City of Helsinki innovation company. We co-create urban futures with companies, universities, public sector and Helsinki residents.
Pilot and co-create with us
- Companies get to pilot their innovations in real city environment with real citizens.
- Universities and research organizations are welcome to start project co-operation with us.
- The City of Helsinki smart city solutions are available for scaling in our guide books.
- Citizens can test new innovations by joining our volunteer group Kokeilujoukot.
Our key achievements
- Helsinki was the second best smart city in the world in 2020.
- We made the City of Helsinki data open among the first cities in the world.
- New companies and jobs are created in our innovation projects, namely Sensible 4 robot bus company.
- Mobility-as-a-Service model was born in Helsinkii with our help, especially MaaS Global company
- Our innovative solutions are covered in the international media by The New York Times, CNN, The Guardian, Helsingin Sanomat ja Yleisradio.
- Agile piloting as a city development model was started by us in Helsinki.
Forum Virium is latin and means the square of the power.