The Smart City Expo World Congress brings together the largest community of smart city influencers. Welcome to the key meeting point for experts and leaders of the world’s most innovative cities, companies, research centres, universities and international organisations.
SmartCity Expo & World Congress is a meeting point for companies, administration, entrepeneur and researching centers working for the development of future cities: how to take advantage of what they offer us, how to care them … as it is predicted that by 2050, over 75% of population will live in them. See you from 18th to 20th November 2014 in Gran Via Venue.
Forum Virium Helsinki will participate in various discussions and workshops.
- On Tuesday 18 November at 16:15, External Networks to foster innovation within cities. Jarmo Eskelinen and Katalin Gallyas are planning and moderating the session, including speakers like Nikolaos Isaris (Experimental Platforms Deputy Head of Unit, EC), Arturo Muente-Kunigami (Senior ICT Policy Specialist, WB) and Catherine Mulligan (Head of Digital Strategy and Economics, Future Cities Catapult).
- On Wednesday 19 November at 12:15, City to city collaboration. Forum Virium Helsinki’s Development Manager Hanna Niemi-Hugaerts is planning and moderating the session, including speakers like Ger Baron (Amsterdam), Jaakko Salavuo (Helsinki), Bart Rosseau (Gent) and Tim Wisniewski (Philadelphia).
- On Wednesday 19 November at 15:00, Open Data Initiatives. Jarmo Eskelinen talks about Helsinki Region Infoshare as part of the session presenting the showcases of open data initiatives.
- On Wednesday 19 November at 15:00, The Role of Innovation Agencies as Drivers of Future Cities. Future Cities’ Catapult and Forum Virium Helsinki host a session discussing the roles of innovation agencies in smart cities.
– Energy and sustainability
– Mobility and Transport
– Environment and recycling
– ICT and research
– Urban planning
More information and registration:
Time: 11/18/2014 – 09:00 – 11/20/2014 – 19:00 – 11/18/2014 – 09:00 – 11/20/2014 – 19:00
Venue: Gran Via Exhibition Centre, Barcelona, Spain