The purpose of this webinar is to present how to create value chains and ecosystems in the circular economy industry and present some examples from the different European countries and different sectors.
Welcome to the Deep dive into European circular economy system webinar on the 26th May from 9am to 11.45am CET.
9.05 Circular economy ecosystems create new value chains
Tiina Laiho, Clic Innovation (FI)
- Introduction to ecosystem thinking and managing of ecosystems
- Introduction of the TREASoURcE co-creation workshop methodology to map value chains along new key value chains (batteries, biobased sidestreams, plastics)
9.40 Hurdles of the ecosystem creation – finding of the key values chains of TREASoURcE project
- Batteries, Linda Rekosuo, Ecofellows Ltd (FI)
- Plastics, Ugur Kaya, VTT (Technical Research Centre of Finland)
- Biobased side and waste streams, Riina Kärki, MTK (The Central Union of Agricultural Producers and Forest Owners)
EUROPEAN ECOSYSTEM EXAMPLES
10.20 ECOSYSTEMS IN NORWAY
Founder Cynthia Reynolds
Convener Circular Economy Coalition
10.45 ECOSYSTEMS IN SWEDEN
Researcher Mattias Andersson
RISE (The research institute of Sweden)
11.10 BIOWASTE ECOSYSTEMS IN DENMARK
Professor Henrik Wenzel
SDU Life Cycle Engineering
Institut for Grøn Teknologi
11.45 Event concludes
TREASoURcE is part of the EU’s Circular Cities and Regions Initiative, which aims to support the implementation of circular economy solutions throughout Europe’s cities and regions.
Our project focuses on developing technologies and systemic circular economy solutions for currently underutilised or unused plastic waste, end-of-life electric vehicle batteries, and bio-based side and waste streams.
By working with companies, societies – including citizens, consumers, communities, and regional actors, and experts in the field, we hope to significantly increase product and material circulation in the Nordic and Baltic Sea Regions.
More about the project.