The Connected Smart Cities Conference is set up as a space for sharing and debate about technology, ecosystem and toolkits for open and connected smart cities.
Organised with the contribution of several European initiatives, this public workshop will discuss:
- Interoperability, harmonisation of APIs, solutions portability, avoid vendor lock-in.
- Connected Smart cities at national, regional and European level: National networks and their local work. Using the Integrated territorial investments of the structural funds to establish national and local smart city collaboration
- Models for holistic procurement – the Smart City innovation ecosystem booster
- Citizen engagement and tools. Standardised measurements systems and performance indicators.
- From smart city pilots to deployment. Exploring the concept City as a Living Lab.
- The communities (open source developers, coders, citizens). Labs and hubs in cities. Fostering community-driven innovation and entrepreneurship.
The event is hosted by ENoLL (European Network of Living Labs) and supported by FIWARE, OrganiCity, and ECIM. It is the result of an ongoing collaboration between ENoLL, Eurocities KSF, the CIP Smart City portfolio and FIRE. Forum Virium Helsinki’s CEO Jarmo Eskelinen moderates the event.
The conference is free of charge but registration is compulsory and spaces very limited. You can register here.
Time: 01/22/2015 – 09:00 – 18:00 – 01/22/2015 – 09:00 – 18:00
Venue: Flagey, Studio 1 (Place Flagey, 1050 Brussels)