Code4Europe is hiring talented developers, entrepreneurs and designers to help make a breakthrough in how government services its citizens. Cutting edge, smart apps will be developed and shared among six participating cities: Helsinki, Amsterdam, Rome, Berlin, Manchester and Barcelona. And you could be part of this, the inaugural year of Code4Europe’s fellowship program. Code4Europe believes there is so much untapped potential operating outside of local government, and we want to put that talent inside city hall to make a real impact!
To help citizens:
– save time in transit
– experience more culture within the city
– live more sustainably
– feel more connected and be heard
We want to close the gap between the current infrastructure and the great possibilities our cities can offer. Code4Europe will do that by using civic innovators from outside and from within city government to realize the potential.
Why should you apply as a fellow?
Code4Europe is injecting top talent right into city hall to help our governments become more transparent and collaborative. Fellows will develop out-of the-box answers to the common challenges cities are faced with, to not only make a real difference in each location, but also provide solutions that can be used in other European cities, and around the world!
- Fellows will be salaried, and travel and accommodation expenses will be reimbursed. (Each city offers different salaries and terms.)
- Fellows will travel to Barcelona, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam for collaboration, education, and fun!
- Fellows will get city governance, business development and digital services training from experts and industry leaders.
- Fellows will have local mentors and open data and transparency ambassadors within city hall to provide support.
- Fellows will develop a network of their Code4Europe peers and mentors that will offer excellent opportunities for continuing professional development and future endeavors.
- Fellows can collaborate and brainstorm with fellows from other participating cities online, or in fellowship meetups.
- Fellows will gain insight into how city government works, including developing ICT and digital services.
- Fellows will be pioneers in a new governmental innovation model.
What are the requirements to be selected as a fellow?
- Be a great developer or designer
- Be creative
- Have an eagerness to take up the challenge of developing and launching a new service concept.
- Be socially engaged
- Be a team player
- Don’t be afraid to go against the mainstream
- Have the flexibility to spend some time traveling for fellowship meetup
For more information on the Code4Europe program and how to apply, please visit http://www.forumvirium.fi/en/project-areas/smart-city/code4europe