Apps for Europe
is running an online competition to find the best app developers across the continent. Are you making an open data based app or do you know open data start-ups that can use a boost? Please read and forward this call for apps.
We are looking for apps that are:
- Easy to use
- Orientated towards creating viable businesses and services
- Showing the world the potential of open data
What can you win?
Join the online competition and win 1 of the 15 exclusive spots at the International Business Lounge @Future Everything
in Manchester, 31st March 2014.
**You win a ticket to Future Everything and a stipend for your travel to Manchester **
You get the chance to exhibit your app to the entire Future Everything audience throughout the day, along with the other winning innovative apps from all over Europe. But that’s not all! You also get the opportunity to pitch your app to an international crowd of investors, government agencies, companies and individuals keen to share their skills, experience, resources and money to help scale your app into a successful business. Maybe you get the chance to expand your start-up across Europe.
All online entries will be judged by our Apps for Europe partners: an experienced network of European companies with contacts, expertise and a shared agenda to transform open data into business.
Prize package International Business Lounge now confirmed!
@apps4eu have released the details of the exclusive prize package for the International Business Lounge @FuturEverything in Manchester 31st March – 1st April; the 10 best entries selected from local business lounges and the online competition will receive the following:
– A spot at the International Business Lounge at FutureEverything festival: this includes a conference ticket; details are available here.
– Flight and accommodation for 2 members of each team to FutureEverything in Manchester.
– Exposure for their idea. FutureEverything is a valuable networking event; it will be attended by 700 international delegates including investors, government agencies, companies and individuals.
– Teams will get a stand to showcase their idea throughout 2 days and will also be able to give a presentation/pitch to the jury and audience.
– There will be 2 prizes awarded at the event:
1) The International Business Lounge Jury Prize
2) The International Business Lounge Audience Prize
– Interactive coaching will be provided to all 10 finalists
About Apps for Europe
Apps for Europe is a support network with a mission to turn data based apps into viable businesses. For further information about our consortium please go to: www.apps4europe.eu/about-us
FutureEverything is an internationally recognised Research & Design hub for digital culture, and presents industry conferences, innovation projects, artworks and live experiences which showcase a digital future.
Why are we doing this?
Apps for Europe wants to show the world not only the power of open data but also its economic potential. Neelie Kroes, Vice President of the European Commission, who strongly supports Apps for Europe, estimates the financial value of open data to be worth billions of euros. By helping you scale your idea into a successful business that could reach across Europe, we are progressing the potential of open data together
Apps4Europe is an international network that generates business from open data. It offers expertise and tools for commercializing open data. It brings together those making public data accessible, the application developers, businesses of the sector and potential financiers. The network is involved in numerous application competitions, events and hackathons organized around open data. Forum Virium Helsinki is a partner in the Apps4Europe network in order to share its experiences and bring new practices to Finland.