Forum Virium Helsinki is the City of Helsinki innovation company. We want to make Helsinki the most functional smart city in the world with companies, universities and citizens. Our company is growing and we are hiring a Platform Development Engineer
The Urban Platform is a data platform concept targeted for Smart Cities. Its core function is to manage Smart City data sets and data streams that can originate from sensors or API’s of third party systems. It is an abstract concept of distributed and decoupled services that communicate through harmonized APIs and aim for high level of semantic interoperability to create better public services.
As a Platform Development Engineer, you will work in the team which independently develops the platform concept for the use of Helsinki and Tallinn future service pilots. With the support of Lean, Agile and DevOps mindset we identify and transform the various needs of the cities into digital services on cloud. You will participate in all the stages of the development process from service concepting to MVP and PoC products. You will work both by deploying new services, configuring them, and by providing scripts and microservices to complete the dataflows.
We are currently recruiting a team of 3–4 engineers working on the platform project. You do not need to meet all the requirements as you can have a role in the team where you are supported with the complementary abilities of the others. Your working language can be either Finnish or English. Proficiency in Estonian language is a benefit.
- Suitable education, preferable bachelor or master’s degree in Information Technology
- Experience on API development, REST and optionally Web Services
- Common understanding on IoT (such as MQTT and hardware like ESP, Arduino or Raspberry Pi)
- Experience (from work, school or private projects) on Python/ Django/ Django Apps/ Flask and cloud environment
- Good understanding on Linux servers and their typical administrative tasks
- Experience on high availability databases, especially PostgreSQL and KV stores like Redis
- Willingness to learn
What we offer you?
- A rare opportunity to build foundations for the future transformative city services
- Participate in international group of open source and open standard developers
- Participate in the cities carbon neutrality and energy efficiency programmes that are highly data-driven
- Smart colleagues, good benefits and nice working space in the centre of Helsinki.
This is a fixed term position with a duration of twelve months.
For more information, please contact Mr. Timo Ruohomäki tel +358 40 661 5500 on 25.11. between 9:00 – 12:00 or 28.11. between 13:00 and 16:00.
Send your application for this position with this form.