The agile pilots of Jätkäsaari Mobility Lab for spring 2021 have been selected. In the call for pilots at the turn of the year, new innovations for smart mobility to be trialled in the West Harbour area of Helsinki were sought.
A total of 40 entries were submitted, which is a new record.
Five pilots were selected to be carried out in the spring:
- improvement of traffic management and design and traffic safety through 3D Lidar sensor technology and AI edge computing (by Nodeon Finland Oy)
- near miss detection at pedestrian crossings (by Kradient Intelligence Oy/MarshallAI)
- bike path condition measurement with sensors (by TerrainSense)
- autonomous street sweepers (by Trombia Technologies Oy)
- smart pedestrian warning system for the visually impaired (by InnoTrafik Oy).
The pilots will be carried out in March–May 2021. More details of the initiation and implementation of the pilots will be released in the coming weeks.
Subscribe to the Forum Virium Helsinki Newsletter!
Smart solutions for cities, piloting for companies and collaboration possibilities for research institutions – you’ll be the first to know!