SILVER Conference and Workshop
Place: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Time: 11:30 – 18:00
The SILVER consortium hosts Final Conference and Workshop, which will be held ahead of the European eHealth Week, on the 7th of June 2016 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The Conference aims to share the SILVER experience with Pre-Commercial Procurement as an innovative tool for bringing new care technologies to the market. Participants will have an opportunity to hear from both procurers and contractors involved in the project’s Pre-Commercial Procurement exercise. Furthermore, the successful robotic solution – the Lean Elderly Assistant (LEA) – will be presented by its designers, Robot Care Systems.
For participants interested in the practicalities of procuring innovation in the fields of robotics and elderly care, the SILVER partners will host an interactive workshop session following the Final Conference. The afternoon session will focus on the lessons learnt while delivering SILVER and give recommendations for future Pre-Commercial Procurement projects.
Both events will be held at the Tobacco Theater (address: Nes 75–87, 1012 KD Amsterdam) and are free of charge. Registration required.
REGISTER HERE for both events.
11:30 Registration and coffee
12:00 Welcome and introduction, Coordinator Stephen Browning, Innovate UK
12:10 Key note speech: Director Peter Portheine, Brainport Health Innovation
12:40 Main results of the SILVER project
– A presentation on Pre-Commercial Procurement process from the developer’s perspective, Account Manager Jon Hazell, Innovate UK
– The procurers perspective, Strategic planning officer (Welfare Technology and E-health) Mats Rundkvist, City of Västerås
– The contractor’s perspective, CEO Maja Rudinac, Robot Care Systems
13:40 Questions and answers
13:50 Panel discussion on Pre-Commercial Procurement
Discussions on themes such as Pre-Commercial Procurement as means for developing innovative solutions, challenges to be solved and Pre-Commercial Procurement as a way to open new markets.
– Coordinator Stephen Browning, Innovate UK (Moderator)
– Project Manager Carla Dekker, PIANOo and the Dutch Enterprise Agency
– Funding Manager Andy Bleaden, Metropolitan Borough City of Stockport
– Managing Director Stephan Corvers, Corvers Procurement Services, Vice-chairman of the NVvA (Dutch Association for procurement and law)
– CEO Maja Rudinac, Robot Care Systems
14:20 LEA (Lean Elderly Assistant) demonstration, CEO Maja Rudinac, Robot Care Systems
Successful Phase 3 solution, LEA care robot demonstrated by the contractor
14:40–15:00 Summary and closing, Coordinator Stephen Browning, Innovate UK
15:00 Registration and coffee
15:20 Welcome, Coordinator Stephen Browning, Innovate UK
15:30 Recap of results of SILVER project, Account Manager Jon Hazell, Innovate UK and CEO Maja Rudinac, Robot Care Systems
16:00 Workshop session on Pre-Commercial Procurement
A closer look at the SILVER experience and recommendations for future Pre-Commercial Procurement projects: When and how to use Pre-Commercial Procurement to foster innovative solutions for the public sector? How SMEs can get involved in Pre-Commercial Procurement and what are the benefits of involvement?
17:20 Workshop summary, Coordinator Stephen Browning, Innovate UK
17:40–18:00 Wrap-up and closing, Coordinator Stephen Browning, Innovate UK