Barcelona Smart City Expo World Congress is the biggest smart city event in Europe showcasing the newest projects, know-how and co-operation between cities on 19–21 November.
Know-how in smart city development has brought Helsinki top rankings and numerous international projects including international co-operation with other cities. This is year Helsinki celebrates its no 1 position as the European Capital of Smart Tourism.
Forum Virium Helsinki, the city-owned innovation company aims to make Helsinki to most functional smart city in the world and is involved in many smart city projects with other European cities. This co-operation is well represented at Smart City Expo in Barcelona.
- SELECT for Cities project, in which Helsinki together with Antwerp and Copenhagen are looking for an IoE platform on which European cities can develop, test and validate smart city applications and services in collaboration with residents, public organisations and companies.
Hall 2 / Open & Agile Smart Cities and Select4Cities booth F650
- IoT director Hanna Niemi-Hugaerts presents the project with the topic Urban open platform supporting City of Helsinki’s digital agenda & enabling innovation. Thu 21.11. at 11:00-11:30, Indra booth, C335
- FABULOS-project presented by Project Manger Renske Martijnse-Hartikka: Mobility of tomorrow: Connected, Autonomous, Disruptive Tue 19.11. at 17.00–19.00, Gran via Venue.
- Nordic Smart Cities Network presenting the Nordic co-operation between the member cities at the Nordic Pavillion.
- Roundtable discussions workshops concentrate on Nordic smart city challenges. Wed 20.11, at 9–12. Sign up and read more here.
- Helsinki’s smart city district Kalasatama and the Smart Kalasatama project presented by Programme Director Kerkko Vanhanen. Thu 21.11. at 12.00–12.20 at the Nordic Pavillion.
Photo: Helsinki marketing
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Smart solutions for cities, piloting for companies and collaboration possibilities for research institutions – you’ll be the first to know!